• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Easy Banner Recycling

MontereySigns

We recently picked up some new business from a high profile, environmentally-conscious local company. They had an upcoming event that required thirty eight 25" x 48" digitally printed banners and wanted to recycle the banners afterwards.

I called around to several suppliers to research my options. One was trying to sell me on fabric, the other their "eco-media", and another the Ultra-Flex Bio Banner. All of these options were over $600 for a 54" x 150' roll.

I called my local waste management company and discovered they are now recycling Xign banner material rom LG. They said to just toss the printed rolls right into your regular recycling bins! I know this product prints great and I already had it in stock so it was a no-brainer. My customer was thrilled, I made some extra $$$, and the waste probably made a sleeping bag or something. Thought I'd share....

-Bud

MontereySigns

Price of Xign

We paid $239 for a 54" wide x 33 yard length roll. Not cheap compared to 13oz banner, but a fair price for a premium quality (and recyclable) banner material.

-Bud

Salmoneye

When I have big mistakes or large banners to recycle I use them as drop cloths in my other business or give them to folks to do the same.