• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Easy Cut Studio - Do Not Cut Setting?

JK Morgan

Is there some way in Easy Cut Studio to tell the software not to cut a specific image on a sheet. I am doing sticker sheets of different dog breeds and want to put the name of the breed at the top of the sheet. I don't want this to be cut, simply visible, as well as my business name and website at the bottom of the page. I am sure there is a way, but for some reason I cannot find a user manual for this software anywhere. Anyone have a link?

Jill

Attila Nagy

Before sending the job to cut, only select the parts you need. Can create groups or layers to make the selecting easier.

Attila Nagy

Forgot to tell the Cut Selection only option needs to be selected.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 16.22.02.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 16.22.02.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 39

JK Morgan

What I was looking for was for part of the print just to print, not cut. I did figure out a way. I can erase the cut lines and that seems to work. Now I have an issue with saving as a pdf as when I do, and I put the file in Versaworks, there is a black outline around every image in the file. I will attach screenshots. I tried saving as a jpg, but every time it shows as corrupted when I try to put it in Versaworks.

Attachments

• screenshot file in easycut.jpg
    screenshot file in easycut.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 35
  • screenshot in versaworks.jpg
    screenshot in versaworks.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 38

JK Morgan

If you check the screenshot, the one on the right is how it shows in Versaworks when saved as a pdf. It adds the black lines. Doesn't do that for png or jpg, just pdf. Not sure how to change this as I want to export as a pdf.

Jill

Attila Nagy

Unfortunately EasyCut Export filter is not the same as print. When you choose an object as Cut only still shows up when exported, but it does not show when printed.
If installed a VersaWorks Printer, you can Print to it from easyCut, and it goes directly to VersaWorks Queue without (Cut only) Lines.
Or just make Cut layer invisible before Exporting.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 17.36.50.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 17.36.50.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 30

Attila Nagy

I see now, PDF export does not work properly for EasyCut. Was sending a job with VersaWorks printer driver rasterise the image as well, just as printing to PDF.
Seems PNG and TIFF still better than JPG
Use the Cut Line Type options to filter your Cut and print jobs. Works for raster Exports or for print.
Do not need to delete anything. For PNG, TIFF, JPG or print the cutlines will be hidden, for PDF export, just make the cut layer invisible.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 16.14.02.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 16.14.02.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 26