• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Easy to match colors with onyx?

cyclerc

Trying to match motocross bike colors using mimaki 8 colors printer and rasterlink , Colors can be easy to match with onyx software?
Kawasaki Green, honda red
Thay

FrankW

Onyx has a very good color swatchbook feature (Thrive, Postershop). But could be hard anyway to match a color because of the printer, green is a difficult color.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Flexi has a tool called the "Color Mapping" tool. You pick a Pantone color and then it prints a grid of the color adjusted in cooler and warmer directions. You pick the one that looks closest to your color and it replaces that from now on. Takes some of the headache out of matching. I wouldn't be surprised if Onyx had something similar.

cyclerc

Thinking in buy flexi or onyx if that help to find the right color but scary to spend to much and nothing comes out.

FrankW

You have a color replacement tool in Rasterlink too, even with the possibility to create a color swatch with the estimated target color and variations. It is limited to CMYK- and Spot Colors only, and as far as I remember to vector graphics only too. If a target color is printable or not is mainly an issue of the printer, not the RIP. I would check the Rasterlink Reference Guide, page 117 and following.

cyclerc

You have a color replacement tool in Rasterlink too, even with the possibility to create a color swatch with the estimated target color and variations. It is limited to CMYK- and Spot Colors only, and as far as I remember to vector graphics only too. If a target color is printable or not is mainly an issue of the printer, not the RIP. I would check the Rasterlink Reference Guide, page 117 and following.
I USING THAT ONE, I HAVE TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH TRY AND ERROR TO FIND THE BEST MATCH, THANKS FRANK YOU ARE SO HELPFUL