• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Econocraft JR. 25 in Cold Laminator or comparable

artofacks1

I am looking at this laminator (Econocraft JR. 25 in Cold Laminator ) but its price at about $3800 .

Can anyone recommend a laminator that is comparable that is better priced? Using it for Helmet decal lamination or to add ahesive on reverse print methods.

Thanks in advance for evryones input!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks Fred, Looks like I am going to go with the JM26 as I am new to the business.

I did a lot of research for the Printer Summa DC5sx or Edge FX and decided to go with the Edge FX.

So far the set up will be...

Edge FX Printer, JM26, & Omega 5.0 Software. Now have to decide on the Envision or a comparable machine.

If the only printing you will be doing is with an Edge, you don't need a laminator. But keep in mind that the JetMount does not have a take up for the release liner ... so laminating something of any length becomes a two person job.

I've had an Envision 375 since 1998 and recommend it highly.

artofacks1

If the only printing you will be doing is with an Edge, you don't need a laminator. But keep in mind that the JetMount does not have a take up for the release liner ... so laminating something of any length becomes a two person job.

I've had an Envision 375 since 1998 and recommend it highly.

Fred, The reason I felt I needed a laminator is that I will need it to add adhesive to the helmet decals I reverse print. All the Helmet decals that I have ordered have either used reverse print and add glue or print right on the material, than laminate for extra protection. The client base that I have reach are mostly contact sports (Tackle Football).

I can be wrong though, If I can get away with printing straight on material and not laminate and it will take the wear a tear of a 12 game season. Than I won't use the reverse print method and skip the laminator.

Per
But keep in mind that the JetMount does not have a take up for the release liner ... so laminating something of any length becomes a two person job.

Oh my, are these the only two laminators that you recommend. It might not be worth saving the money if its a 2 person job.

Biker Scout

Just say no to Daige. It's cumbersome, and you'll have to use a sled. So if you want to run a length of decals, it can only be as long as the sled.

artofacks1

Just say no to Daige. It's cumbersome, and you'll have to use a sled. So if you want to run a length of decals, it can only be as long as the sled.

Thanks for the advice. Its for football decals, definitly need to do the full roll so I can than cut them out.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It will be interesting to make a comparison of your recent statements with how you end up producing work a few months down the road. For example, you will find that the longer the run ... the lower the quality and the accuracy you will get. Speaking for myself, on long jobs I rarely run decals or labels out to more than five or six feet at a time.

On those rare occasions where I need to laminate an Edge print I get perfect results using my Sheeter premask applicator by working in those shorter run lengths. I may spend an extra ten minutes printing, laminating and cutting 1,000 decals, but I get better results and less waste when mistakes happen.

artofacks1

This right here is solid gold! I totally understand your point. I am definitely going to adjust my frame if thought to do 5 to 6 feet at a time as well. I'm just surprised that a manual machine is $1000 . Is there not a machine of the same cost or a bit more that uses power?

Have you used your sheeter to add adhesive to a reverse print project ?

It will be interesting to make a comparison of your recent statements with how you end up producing work a few months down the road. For example, you will find that the longer the run ... the lower the quality and the accuracy you will get. Speaking for myself, on long jobs I rarely run decals or labels out to more than five or six feet at a time.

On those rare occasions where I need to laminate an Edge print I get perfect results using my Sheeter premask applicator by working in those shorter run lengths. I may spend an extra ten minutes printing, laminating and cutting 1,000 decals, but I get better results and less waste when mistakes happen.

player

This right here is solid gold! I totally understand your point. I am definitely going to adjust my frame if thought to do 5 to 6 feet at a time as well. I'm just surprised that a manual machine is $1000 . Is there not a machine of the same cost or a bit more that uses power?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-55-AK-50...900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4ad32b d07c

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-1520mm-6...437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338c14 382d

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Drytac has a JetMounter that's 18" and powered. It works for laminating and for mounting ... not so good for applying transfer paper. My Sheeter is mainly used for applying transfer paper. I laminate with it by laying the laminate and release liner exactly where I want it to be applied to the print with a masking tape hinge at the top. I then insert it into the Sheeter and hold onto the release liner as I crank it through. This has the advantage of there never being a problem with it feeding crooked. You can do the same with the JetMounter. Which one is better for you is a matter of whether or not you need a good transfer paper applicator as a second use or whether you prefer the powered approach.

No I haven't but I don't see why it wouldn't work well.