• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 printer alignment?

Bcrawf

My prints are slightly out of registration when I cut them.I've printed a black bar 11.8 inches tall by 1/4' wide. The bottom of the "Y" axis has shifted (skewed) to the left approx. 1mm compared to the top.
Is there an adjustment to the print head? I'm sure it's the printer as I have checked it with another plotter and the same results. I have also tried different vinyls.
Any help is deeply appreciated.

Attachments

• cutlines_off.jpg
    cutlines_off.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 203

Hielorojo

Gerber ! have a Test Pattern that does aligment print, that is the number 11 of the menú, I do not know if that is good for you, you can try it.
Regards.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My prints are slightly out of registration when I cut them.I've printed a black bar 11.8 inches tall by 1/4' wide. The bottom of the "Y" axis has shifted (skewed) to the left approx. 1mm compared to the top.
Is there an adjustment to the print head? I'm sure it's the printer as I have checked it with another plotter and the same results. I have also tried different vinyls.
Any help is deeply appreciated.

You may be mistaken in your analysis. There isn't any adjustment for the printhead.

It is far more likely that it is either the roll of vinyl or problems with the foil not separating properly as it prints on the vinyl. It appears that your print is skewing because it isn't feeding evenly. The first thing to try is a different roll of vinyl and a different cartridge of foil to see if the problem persists. Also check to see if there is any excess adhesive build up on the tractor feed pins or any elongated pin feed holes after it has printed.

What brands of vinyl and foil are you using for this test? Are you using normal heat settings? What happens if you reduce the height to 11.5"?

If you can duplicate the problem using different materials than your test, then the first thing I would suspect with the printer would be the foil clutches slipping.

Bcrawf

You may be mistaken in your analysis. There isn't any adjustment for the printhead.

It is far more likely that it is either the roll of vinyl or problems with the foil not separating properly as it prints on the vinyl. It appears that your print is skewing because it isn't feeding evenly. The first thing to try is a different roll of vinyl and a different cartridge of foil to see if the problem persists. Also check to see if there is any excess adhesive build up on the tractor feed pins or any elongated pin feed holes after it has printed.

What brands of vinyl and foil are you using for this test? Are you using normal heat settings? What happens if you reduce the height to 11.5"?

If you can duplicate the problem using different materials than your test, then the first thing I would suspect with the printer would be the foil clutches slipping.

Fred,
I think you may be correct, I tried this on my other Edge and it did the same thing. I'm going to run some more tests with another foil(s) and different vinyl(s)

Hielorojo,
Thanks for the suggestion on the Print test, I ran the alignment test (printing the thin line on the y axis) put the vinyl on the cutter, moved the blade to the far left and held the knife down with finger pressure, used the button to move the head all the way to the right and the cut was "dead on" the line.

Thanks again,
Bruce Crawford