• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 Printer - New Hardware Error!!

PurplePanther

We bought a used Edge 2 about 2 months ago. It has been working perfectly. Recently our CD Rom in that computer wasn't working correctly so we had installed another old one sitting around in a box.

CD Rom works now, but when windows comes up, it says it has detected NEW hardware - GERBER EDGE 2.. it wants CD for Driver?????? We had never seen this when we initially set up Edge 2?? (just after this CD Rom change). We can't find driver anywhere so it has a YELLOW warning thing in device driver that says OTHER and then the GERBER Edge 2. also we are getting a Windows EXPLORER.exe Error on startup?? then have to RESTORE our active desktop due to warning.

Gerber Edge 2 however is working OK...

HELP???

much thanks

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Just hit cancel and ignore the new hardware window.
I've never experienced the explorer.exe error on startup. What program are you using to print?