• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 printing but nothing shows up

No, I haven't found a fix yet. I bought the old Edge LE and I've been so busy I haven't had time to mess with the 2. It's looking like I'm going to have to send the boards to the Plotter Doctor in California, everything is pointing to it being an issue somewhere on a board.

Nayr1983

Any news on this I have an edge 2 that is exhibiting the same problem head not heating up. I’m getting 22.5 volts on all the large capacitors on the top and 22.5 out of the power supply.

Titch Sanders

I too wonder if the issue was resolved, I firmly believe that it would be a connection somewhere, especially if it's a machine that wasn't getting a lot of use.. even trying a poorly head with pixels missing would eleviate the connections too...?

Nayr1983

I have isolated my issue to the left side bundle of wires that runs from P867 header up to the print head, if the bundle of wires is manipulated by hand the head will start heating and subsequently print. I believe there is a ground short within the wire causing the issue presumably where the cable flexes upon opening. I just cringe at having to open up the wire jacket and trying to isolate the wire in such a large bundle.

Titch Sanders

I have isolated my issue to the left side bundle of wires that runs from P867 header up to the print head, if the bundle of wires is manipulated by hand the head will start heating and subsequently print. I believe there is a ground short within the wire causing the issue presumably where the cable flexes upon opening. I just cringe at having to open up the wire jacket and trying to isolate the wire in such a large bundle.
I would think it's worth doing so though.. yes? Also, check that your earth strap between top & bottom frames..on the back, is OK..

Sorry just saw this. I still haven't fixed it. Long story short, I've been crazy busy and haven't had time to keep messing with it. I replaced the head cable and that didn't change anything. Is that the same cable you are talking about?