• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge FX Printing Issue

sign tek

Today i fired up my edge like I do everyday and started to print a job but the prints arent printing solid. They have a distressed look to them. I have tried a few diffrent foils and vinyl but nothing has changed. I also tried printing in 600x300 mode and uping the heat but no luck. Would this be a sign of a print head going out? Any help would be great!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check the job to see if you have a spot color assigned lass than a 100% fill. Run another job known to be good to see if that also looks distressed.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Are your colors set to spot or cmyk?
When a head goes bad you usually lose a pixel and will get a very thin white line through the print.

sign tek

I checked and i am running 100% Spot Black, it is a one color job and it is specaled throughout the print. i printed the same job i printed yesterday and same results.

are you using the same foil? is it an origanal gerber foil or 3rd party? i know on some 3rd party foils you need to assign a different color preference in order for it to print 100 % correct or it will come out distressed.

sign tek

Here is a picture

Attachments

• 2011-12-21_15-51-32_309.jpg
    2011-12-21_15-51-32_309.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 110

sign tek

i am using a 3rd party foil (apex) but i printed witht the same foil and the same file and the same vinyl yesterday - just today its printing like the head is dirty but its clean.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Bad foil or bad material causes that. Doesn't mean the entire roll of vinyl or the foil was bad but that's most likely your problem.

thought so..re the 3rd party foil. i know for a fact that apex foils will do this. i actually have a pdf sheet that tells you all about it and what settings to use etc.

for example, if your using apex white, you can not use the standard white setting or black or lime green as it will come out distressed even if you increase the heat settings. you can use any other color setting for the white and it will print fine....