• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge printing white on clear static cling

Carol Sundberg

Any tips or things to keep in mind when Edge printing white on clear static cling? It's been quite some time since I've done it & I remember it being a pain in the a**! We have an Edge FX, Gerber static cling, Gerber foil.

Jason Thomas

It's been a LONG time since I EDGE printed but one thing I remember with specialty vinyls that helped was to turn the heat down. I seem to recall many occasions where the foil would bond to the vinyl instead of just transferring. And it wasn't fun to tape the ripped foil back together to salvage the rest of the cartridge.

Adam.Foster

Put painters tape on the bail arm squeegees to prevent the squeegees from sticking to the cling. Select static cling for the material in composer and make sure it says static cling material in plot. Be aware that static cling has a very short shelf life. If your roll is more than 3 months old get a new one.