• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EDPM rubber membrane

10sacer

Does anyone have any experience applying graphics to an EDPM membrane (ethylene propylene diene monomer rubber)? This is a waterproof membrane that is on portable trailer roofs.
Doing temporary product placement for an upcoming race and I need the vinyl to adhere, but come off with no residue or damage to the membrane. Just looking for real world suggestions and advice.

Thanks in advance!

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Never tried applying vinyl to it, but I used to work with it back in the 80s making gaskets.
Much like window trim, I don't think you're going to be able to find a vinyl that sticks to it. At least, not for very long- so I can't imagine the adhesive damaging it (though a lot of solvents used commonly for prepping surfaces can soften it).
Best of luck.

JBurton

Signtologist
Banner and magnets? Sounds similar to TPO membrane roofs, nothing sticks to that stuff except the adhesive that is definitely permanent.