• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eeery Sky tonight

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Looks like all the smoke from the west coast made it to Texas. Dimmed the sun pretty good.
20200918_185731.jpg

Bly

Looks like the summer we just had in Aus.
Half the country burnt.
Hope it rains soon for you guys.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The smoke haze is pretty bad up here. Air quality is in the hazardous zone for people with serious respiratory issues. The only good thing about it is the temperature dropped a few degrees.

I was dealing with this stuff last week while on vacation in Colorado. My brother and I went fishing at Eleven Mile Reservoir. The mountains surrounding the lake were barely visible when we were boating out in the middle of it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The smoke haze is pretty bad up here. Air quality is in the hazardous zone for people with serious respiratory issues. The only good thing about it is the temperature dropped a few degrees.

I was dealing with this stuff last week while on vacation in Colorado. My brother and I went fishing at Eleven Mile Reservoir. The mountains surrounding the lake were barely visible when we were boating out in the middle of it.

That photo was in Wichita Falls, I'm up here this weekend...not too far from Lawton. Yes, the cooler temps are a vast relief from the 110 two weeks ago.

SignosaurusRex

Finally getting some rain here in the Northwest along with a bit of air currents out of the west. Not sure about Oregon or California but Washington fires are contained ...according to the news media anyways. Air quality Index is down to 51 compared to the high 200's and low 300's we were experiencing where I live east of Seattle. Earlier, Western Oregon A.Q.I. went off the charts above 500 for a good week or so. Hopefully the rains will pick up more and douse the fires and smoke, not just here, but across the country as well. The west coast fires smoke actually reached across the U.S and to western Europe. Here's a pic (Lindsey Wasson / Getty Images) of downtown Seattle on September 12th.

Attachments

• SeattleSmoke.jpg
    SeattleSmoke.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Texas_Signmaker said:
That photo was in Wichita Falls, I'm up here this weekend...not too far from Lawton. Yes, the cooler temps are a vast relief from the 110 two weeks ago.

Yes, the milder weather is a big relief. Our last 100°+ day in Lawton was a balmy 108°.

But at least it's not too cold. Up in Colorado a couple days after our smoky, haze-filled Labor Day fishing trip, we had snow in Colorado Springs. And it was still, technically Summer. At least the weather system cleared out a bunch of the haze so I could finally see Pikes Peak clearly. We ran out of hurricane names and are going into Greek letters, then there's Summer snow. 2020 is a heck of a year.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We're seeing the smoke here in Eastern Nebraska as well. Particularly when the sun is low morning/evening.

If there's something we can do to help, please reach out.