• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI 1625 LED, is it worth purchasing used?

SignsbyBrandon

Good morning. I have a friend who works at Fast Signs, one of the larger shops in the franchise and they are selling their EFI 1625 LED flatbed printer. They are upgrading to a new Vanguard printer and are giving me first dibs at what seems a pretty good price (around $10K) so I am curious if anybody has any type of feedback on this printer. They have owned it since new for about 4 years now. I am a smaller shop, currently outsourcing larger yard sign jobs and applying all of my larger di-bond and other substrates by hand which takes extra time for sure but I'm not pumping out large numbers everyday. This would definitively be an investment but at the right price I have the space in the warehouse for it and its something I would be interested in getting more into as far as production and finding more work for it.

Thanks for the help.

rjssigns

Depends on how well it has been maintained. How many hours on it etc... Curing modules aren't cheap and neither are heads. Will it need either one or both of those components?
You also need to figure in the cost of hiring a rigging company to move it.

MGB_LE

Good morning. I have a friend who works at Fast Signs, one of the larger shops in the franchise and they are selling their EFI 1625 LED flatbed printer. They are upgrading to a new Vanguard printer and are giving me first dibs at what seems a pretty good price (around $10K) so I am curious if anybody has any type of feedback on this printer. They have owned it since new for about 4 years now. I am a smaller shop, currently outsourcing larger yard sign jobs and applying all of my larger di-bond and other substrates by hand which takes extra time for sure but I'm not pumping out large numbers everyday. This would definitively be an investment but at the right price I have the space in the warehouse for it and its something I would be interested in getting more into as far as production and finding more work for it.

Thanks for the help.
Do not do it. We just nearly gave one away during our upgrade to new machine. Replacement Coolant pumps cost $800. They fail. Printheads cost $4000. They fail. The final straw for us was the -2nd- time a printbhead control board failed. We paid $10,000 for a replacement, ONCE. When it failed again, that machine needed to leave our shop. Again, we had to nearly give it away because of that dead circuit board and the cost to replace it. I would NOT buy another of these machines. I would look only slightly more favorably on the 16h which changed printhead technology and didn’t use liquid cooled heads any longer.

Save yourself; don not buy this machine!

MGB_LE

Also, we lost jobs because of our slower turn times due to this machine. It is not speedy.

Superior_Adam

We had a 1625 and it was a nightmare. We got EFI to upgrade us to the 16H and it has been great going on 2 years now. I would never even think about a 1625 even if someone gave it to me for free.

AGCharlotte

I have at 1625... I wouldn't recommend it for various reasons mentioned above, but 10k for one is a steal (unless heads need to be replaced/etc.).

MGB_LE

I have at 1625... I wouldn't recommend it for various reasons mentioned above, but 10k for one is a steal (unless heads need to be replaced/etc.).
It’s not a steal knowing the eventual parts replacement costs. Remember, that $10k buys the pros -and- the cons.

AGCharlotte

It’s not a steal knowing the eventual parts replacement costs. Remember, that $10k buys the pros -and- the cons.
right but if everything is in good shape... that's a good price, better than buying one new and still having the same concerns.

Its a slow machine with way too many nuisances for me to recommend one, but I'm stuck with one patiently waiting for the powers that be to replace it.

FYI: 4x8 sheets at 600 DPI take ~18min, if you're spraying white, double that. definitely better flatbeds on the market but you're not paying 10k for them either.

SignsbyBrandon

right but if everything is in good shape... that's a good price, better than buying one new and still having the same concerns.

Its a slow machine with way too many nuisances for me to recommend one, but I'm stuck with one patiently waiting for the powers that be to replace it.

FYI: 4x8 sheets at 600 DPI take ~18min, if you're spraying white, double that. definitely better flatbeds on the market but you're not paying 10k for them either.

I am still a smaller shop. I do a lot of yard signs, but my main bread and butter is my embroidery and apparel machines. I do have the room for a flat bed printer, I just thought at $10k it was a steal and would really vamp up production.

MGB_LE

I am still a smaller shop. I do a lot of yard signs, but my main bread and butter is my embroidery and apparel machines. I do have the room for a flat bed printer, I just thought at $10k it was a steal and would really vamp up production.
Even more important, then, to spend your money wisely. This isn’t the move to make. Based on the feedback here, you should politely the decline the offer to purchase. Parts -will- come due to be replaced and the machine isn’t profitable enough to pay for itself as it ages.

Habik

We installed 2nd hand. It was a nightmare, heads, depressure instability (drop at the end of a 3meter glass printed isn't very nice thing to repeat 3x)

UV LED board controller, tubes issues.. .

Try KM Accuriowide 160 or Anapurna. Same solid box.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk