• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI H1625 Error 1272 Ink Tank Empty and Error 1279 K Ink Pump cannot supply ink - Help

ZXNutt

Hi All, I'm having an issue with our H1625 all of a sudden. It was printing fine this morning, I changed up materials and had some magenta drop out. I purged and tried to reprint, my vacuum dropped and I got ink streaks on the material (a common sign that one of the ink bottles are low). I topped off all of the inks, purged and tried to print. No Ink printed (None of the colors). None of the ink tanks or bottles show as low or out. I looked into the "set parameters" menu and then the "board check" tab and the MFB board is red with 2 errors: Error 1272 "Ink Tank Empty" and 1279 "K Ink Pump cannot supply ink"

I isolated black ink (clamping off the vacuum lines for cyan, magenta and yellow) and ran the purge via the silver button, black ink purged through the head just fine. It has been a while since I replaced the torpedo filters, so I replaced the black torpedo filter just in case. I then pulled ink through the line (at the last chance filter) with a syringe to prime the pump, filter and line. I pulled 2 syringes full of ink through each last chance filter, came through no issue. I restarted everything as the power was completely off and the same error keeps coming up. Help!

ZXNutt

To add to the above, I swapped another ink pump for the black one, No change. I opened the secondary ink tank, let the float drop and the tank immediately began filling, signaling that both the pump and float are working fine, but still the same error codes. Im at a loss for what to try next.