• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI H1625 LED Question

Rickey J

Hey guys! I am looking at a used EFI H1625 LED. I am wanting to know your thoughts on the machine and what heads this machine uses. Also, the seller is telling me it’s not been connected to power for about 4 months. Just seeing if it might be worth my time or if I should look elsewhere.
Thank you.

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
I would have them hook it back up to power and air just to see it run a nozzle check and a few random samples. If they're not willing to do at least that much, I would feel like they're hiding something that you'll be stuck with in the long run. I had my Vutek unhooked from power for at least 2 months and it came back after a few purges, good as new. If the head is exposed to light, you'll have problems recovering the heads (most likely all of them).

Rickey J

Would you happen to know if this printer has the Toshiba or Ricoh heads?
I would have them hook it back up to power and air just to see it run a nozzle check and a few random samples. If they're not willing to do at least that much, I would feel like they're hiding something that you'll be stuck with in the long run. I had my Vutek unhooked from power for at least 2 months and it came back after a few purges, good as new. If the head is exposed to light, you'll have problems recovering the heads (most likely all of them).

tbaker

The 1625 has the toshiba tec printhead, provided the jets and lines were flushed before it was taken out of service, there should be no issue bringing the heads back online. If the unit was taken out of service by efi, this is almost certainly the case, if it was taken out of service by the individual, chances are it’s not. The 1625, doesn’t require air, but it does hav3 specific power requirements, which, since it was already in the shop should be as easy as plugging it in. Chances are, they have little if any remaining ink, so getting a nozzle test will be difficult, but if they have one from before and it was taken out of service by efi, you could have a very good printer available.

MGB_LE

I would NOT buy the H1625 LED machine again. The liquid cooling system is overly complex and replacement pumps are $800 each (you have two per machine.) The heads are nearly $4,000 each to replace. I believe the 16H is vast improvement, having changed printhead technology and switched away from liquid cooling.

I hope you didn't make the purchase!

MGB_LE

What did you end up deciding? Did you buy the printer? Our same machine has died and we're not reviving it. Are you happy with your used one, presuming you bought it?