• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI Pro 24F Flatbed

KBMedia

We recently purchased an EFI F24 Pro Flatbed. I was hoping I could connect with a few users to network with people who have worked with them for the last few years since their arrival on the marketplace.
We are specifically looking for feedback on experiences with:
1.Express print Profile
2.Inks
3.Shutdown & startup procedures

Thank you in advance for the feedback.

Superior_Adam

I have had a 24F since they came out. Actually I have the first one ever installed as I was part of the Early Adopter on the machine with EFI.

That print profile will only be good if being viewed from a long distance. 95% of what we print is POP.
Inkset we are running is the POPV2
At startup I let the inks get to temp, raise the head and purge the inks and wipe them manually, run a nozzle check, run a 18"x18" box that has straight cmyk colors then another with solid white just to get the heads running good. This also helps if your not using white that day to keep those heads good.
Shutdown is a cleaning around the heads with the flushing solution, then purge and wipe the heads manually again then clean the tray and shut it down.

Not everything I do is necessary just something I do

KBMedia

I have had a 24F since they came out. Actually I have the first one ever installed as I was part of the Early Adopter on the machine with EFI.

That print profile will only be good if being viewed from a long distance. 95% of what we print is POP.
At startup I let the inks get to temp, raise the head and purge the inks and wipe them manually, run a nozzle check, run a 18"x18" box that has straight cmyk colors then another with solid white just to get the heads running good. This also helps if your not using white that day to keep those heads good.
Shutdown is a cleaning around the heads with the flushing solution, then purge and wipe the heads manually again then clean the tray and shut it down.

Thank you for your reply! We are also using the pop v2 inks. Our procedure sounds similar except for the 18x18 boxes. That actually sounds like an excellent idea opposed to just the regular alignment print startup.
We noticed that in shutdown mode fans are running 24/7 on this machine compared to other flatbeds we work with. Is this the same for you?
We also noticed that when ever the machine goes in sleep mode we need to reset breakers to start back up. Have you experienced this?

Superior_Adam

there is some noise not sure if it is fans or not. Just remember that all of the electronics and the computer are still on so to monitor the status even when "asleep" so there could be small fans running. As far as breakers I only turn them off when doing work on the machine which is rarely. You should not have to reset them if it goes to sleep, just the normal to get it out of sleep mode and let the inks warm back up, head sweep and resume printing.

KBMedia

Thank you again !!
It's great to get input for someone that is familiar with this flatbed.
We are one of the first EFI F24 users in Canada, so it's nice to have a network to be able to network with.:)

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
It's very rare for anyone to use an express mode (fastest print mode)
It generally looks crap.

KBMedia

Thank you again for your feedback. We are using your start up and shut down procedures and things are going very well.
We recently started printing jobs tjat require tiling. 8’ x12’ (3-4’x8’) contractor signs on ACM.
We are experiencing a 1/16 gap on the 8’ length on all the panels. Panels are square and are accurately 4’x8’.
Any suggestions?