• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ej-640 working with a xr-640 to cut

Deni H

Hi , all new to the forums. I need some help if someone ever came across this issue. I got a ej-640 printer and xr-640 print and cut. I been trying to use the ej-640 print jobs to cut with the xr-640 but on the software it wouldnt allow me to. What I have to do is reload the same job on the xr-640 in versaworks dual to cut. having to match and read the crop marks , I could get the xr-640 to cut jobs on simple cuts on prints. or bulk prints. when it came to custom lettering like door logos and such. it would cut onto the print. like the alignment is off. I was thinking of adding more bleed but that wouldnt look so good and i want the print work to be close or accurate to the print as well. I wonder what solutions or suggestions if anyone can help me on. thank you.

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
Ive only been able to do that using flexisign rip and print, setting the EJ up as the printer and the XR as the cutter. I know that doesnt help if you dont already own or subscribe to flexi, but thats how i managed that issue in the past.