• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Embroidert fill patterns for Wilcom

Craig Keller

I have Wilcom and it does have a lot of fill pattern but nothing on the sports lines. Such as baseball threads, football or basketball texture patterns. Has anyone ever seen this? In any other software or sold to where you can add into the Wilcom?

WildWestDesigns

I have Wilcom and it does have a lot of fill pattern but nothing on the sports lines. Such as baseball threads, football or basketball texture patterns. Has anyone ever seen this? In any other software or sold to where you can add into the Wilcom?
Do you have the module that allows you to create program splits(you don't want "user defined" as those are more ""on demand" program splits and aren't saved to an outline file)? Or appropriate Level, depending on how old your Wilcom is (they went from modular, to "Level", back to modular). If you don't, you'll need to find someone that has that ability in their Wilcom to create them for you (hopefully they either have the same version as you or older (depending on what version you have).

Now, you said Wilcom, are you talking their Embroidery Studio, Hatch or what? Depending on what version of Hatch you have, files created from Embroidery Studio are not compatible with Hatch and vice versa (and those that are transferable, do have the limitation of what version the target program is). Atleast to my understanding.

WildWestDesigns

Custom splits is what you are wanting. Look up in the manual how to do those and create the look that you are wanting. Be mindful when you go to apply your splits, come stitch angles, certain split designs don't show up as well and make sure to try to limit that by figuring it what angles that you want depending on what fabric you are embroidering (since your mentioning sports themed textures, I would figure moisture wickering is probably what you will be dealing with in this instance, but I am speculating) and make sure to design the splits that will look good for the angle that you are wanting. Some designs can actually transfer to satin stitching as well, but that does take a lot more planning and is very limited in what one can get away with using satin stitching, especially when the angles change in the design (turning satin stitch).

Craig Keller

I just want to add like a footbal or basketball texture to the fill for high school I watched James viedo on it u can draw a custom maybe I could bring in a basketball vector texture pattern?

WildWestDesigns

You can use vectors (if you are starting from a raster image, you'll have to convert to a vector) as a basis for a stamp. Stick with something simple that would be easy for the program to get the info from. The manual does cover very well how to create your own stamps. I personally would suggest get used to using the vector and/or raster images as a background source and creating the stamp manually in case the vector option (without needing to convert a raster to a vector with auto conversion) is available. But for full disclosure, I am old fashioned when it comes to my embroidery digitizing tools, so take that for what it is worth.

WildWestDesigns

Thanks ! where u located? What all u do?
we are in IN
I actually don't do any of this stuff anymore. I was a freelance digitizer for other shops, ran my own stock embroidery design online store (which was designs that I had created) and I did my own work from sketch to final embroidery projects as well. Did a little bit of onsite training for local shops that wanted to do digitizing in house as well.

Craig Keller

Wilcom send me this then I asked if that's the custom split element he said no lol think he meant sports patterns.

Attachments

• 1645649751487331102373055049340.jpg
    1645649751487331102373055049340.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 147

WildWestDesigns

Wilcom send me this then I asked if that's the custom split element he said no lol think he meant sports patterns.
Yea, if it was a custom split, it would be (if I recall correctly) an ESA format (it's the same format that is used for their digitized fonts, proper fonts, not auto converted TTF/OTF fonts(stay away from using the auto converted stuff), it's essentially what I consider to be an outline format) and that would have to be put in a specific folder for the program to know what to do with it (same with the fonts). If you get custom ones or you create custom ones, make sure to copy and post those custom ones in a backup location as well.

Is there a picture of something similar of a design that you are wanting to do (in case you don't want to show the exact design).