• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Emergency! Versa Studio Is my print head dead?!

MakeMyGraphic

Ok... I feel really stupid.

I have an out of warranty Roland BN-20 VersaStudio and the Captop needed replacing.

I proceeded to have the print head move out of the way, turned the power off, then I was able to remove the captop and slip on the NEW one. I connected everything back (except for the little spring that connects the SIDE of the Captop (did this all under 10 minutes)

I turned the machine back on and it returned to it's place, it started running cleaning on the head, I ran a Powerfull cleaning when THEN my Sister called me on an emergency that I had to run out of the home to tend to. Upon my return back (4 hours later) I tried running a nozzle check to find that it looked absolutely ruined and clogged, I tried cleaning several times, even tried flushing cleaner using the "Head Wash" functions which took nearly an hour, turned it back on so it could fill the inks again and then AGAIN ran a test nozzle pattern and NOPE still the same, I ran another cleaning and it then printed just a few more lines BUT also looked smudged, I have been running cleaning and test prints every 10 minutes for the last hour and it does not appear to be getting any better.

THESE are the last two nozzle prints it did :( do you guys think I fudged up my print head? What can I do? I have no idea what to expect when a captop is replaced and no idea what to do now, I am freaking out here. I need a little peace of mind and have no idea what I can do to improve the situation. Please help!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 361

Salmoneye

Not sure the best think to do here (but I'm the only one up at this hour). Search on here for the proper way to do a head soak with cleaning fluid (not cleaning cartridge), park the head and go to bed. Maybe change it in a couple of hours for another soak. The liquid and vapor of the cleaning solution might be able to soften everything us so that some stronger cleanings can get you going in the morning. You had better look at that top real well, I'm assuming that it wasn't making a good seal when you left or maybe the head didn't park at all.
Good luck, I'll be curious to see how you are doing in the A.M.

Turn off the machine and unplug it. Always when working on it. Hook a syringe to the pump lines. Pull gently and see if you get ink. If you get nothing and hear air, your head is not sealing properly. If you get ink, the pump might be done.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
BN-20 is not that weak. It should be okay.

By the way, we have a light used BN-20 needs a printhead selling for $4,000 if you'd like to pick it up. We're also here in S. California.