• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Employee only signs

shuv76

Hello ,,I have a business that wants about 12 EMPLOYEE ONLY signs on their doors. Is it a good thing to put vinyl right on the door or should it be on a substrate like aluminum and attached to the door? Only one door is glass and the rest are dark brown painted doors. Thank you :)

mopar691

What type of business? Lots of clients in said building? I would look at the rest of their office and match the decor/colors and any other existing signage that is present if any.

Mosh

I would screen print it directcly to the doors, use Iink Desyne 9700 series.This way they are not fooled with. Quailty can not be fooled with. Vinyl in so 1980's.

skyhigh

That reminds me of the last time I did an "Employee Only" sign on an interior steel door that led from the office into the shop area. Nothing would stick to the paint......even masking tape would simply fall off.

They didn't want me to attach a metal sign (no holes), so I ended up using a magnet.

Not to be a "thread pirate", but has anyone else seen this type of paint? And what is it?

Si Allen

It is a "self cleaning" type of paint. Some contain Teflon and others contain silicone ... you are correct, nothing sticks to them.

shuv76

Thanks for the help all of you. Now that you said that about the vinyl not sticking ,,I remember a door like that also. I hope these doors are not like that. Thanks again,,,,,Paul