• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad Novajet 700

jbennett

Does anyone use this type of printer for outdoor graphics? I can't find a lot of information on it. Is it expensive to operate?

Thanks,
jbennett

Last edited:

Pro Image

I have a 850 and use it to print decals that have lasted over a year on sign with lamanition(short term).............You have to use the GO inks or the sun will fade the print no matter what.......I use Lexjet from Fellers............You can check the prices in their catalogue.....All the media they carry is under the Aqua printing heading and they also carry the banner material, but you have to buy the Coated media the solvent media will not work...................

Checkers

I ran a Novajet 700 for several years.
Yes, it can print "outdoor durable" graphics using GO+ inks, but I would not recommend it for anything other than short term banners, or in situations where it will not receive direct exposure to sunlight.
I've printed rigid signs, used UV laminate and edge sealed the graphics to the substrate and noticed significant fading with just a couple of weeks of outdoor exposure. On the other hand, I've printed and laminated a banner that was installed facing north and under an awning. It still looked good after 2 years of exposure to the elements.
The introduction of cheaper media has driving costs have some down somewhat in the last few years, but costs are still high when you compare them to solvent or UV printing.

Checkers

ChicagoGraphics

Not sure on the Novajet but most all water based printers must have some kind of over laminate, to last any amount of time outdoors. Had a customer last week that brought there old signs back to have redone. I printed them back in 2001 on a Roland Camjet with water based pigment inks. with Clear Sheild spray laminate, and they still looked like new.