• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad Vinyl Jet Questions Please help!!!

word13

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to buy an encad Vinyl jet and was wondering if anyone who uses one can give me some info on them? I'm useing it for outdoor only applications similiar to car wraps printing advertisements full color heavy layout and full color pictures not much text more actual pictures of products. Is this machine good for that? Does the print quality look good? My ads are only 12 inches by 48 inches?

Any comments?

d-

Barry

Isnt the Encad an aqueous-based printer that runs either dye or pigment based inks. If this is the case its probably not a printer I would choose to purchase for outdoor use. Coated materials are significantly more expensive then the uncoated materials avaible for the eco-sol/solvent printers. The dye or pigment based inks just will not last long term even with lamination.

Your best bet is to pickup a 30" versacamm. This is about the cheapest you can get into a reliable outdoor machine right now. There are quite a few used machines up for sale right now since people are upgrading to the larger 54" model. Used machines can be found in the $8,000-$11,000 range depending on condition and extras that come with it.

jayhawksigns

The VinylJet was the printer that would "cure" the vinyl so that you actually encapsulated the ink into the vinyl. Supposed to be the best outdoor durable aqueous printer you can get, for the price.

word13

I belive that is the case.

The vinyljet is supposeed to print on uncoated vinyl keeping the media costs and ink costs together down to about 68-78 cents per square foot. I was wondering if this would be good for printing of outdoor vinyl signs similiar to car wraps.

here is the link:

http://www.encad.com/Printers/Discontinued/VinylJet/index.asp

Any feed back would be more than appreciated!!!

thanks,

d-