• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ENCAD VinylJet 36 COLOR Sign Printer

csc

I just stumbled upon an encad vinyljet 36 printer at a liquidators place. It was an end of lease printer. Just wondering if anyone out there has one or has had experience with one. I understand it uses aquatic inks that are cured with infrared heat and is supposedly compatible to solvent printers for vinyls and banners.
I can get it dirt cheap and if it works then I use it to do jobs when my other printer is down or run another job at the same time.
:thankyou:

geedub

we have an encad novajet paper weight. i'd pass on that machine that you've found, it may end up like our novajet.

DJDesigns

Compatibility with rips shouldnt be to bad, it is Flexi friendly.

However it leaves a lot to be desired in speed and quality in my book.

If you dont have a printer, and want one, if it is dirt cheap you might give it a shot, but look up supplies for it first. Might cost ya another grand in the machine just to get it running.

Also the prints HAVE to be laminated. They will wash off with windex if left unprotected.