• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ENCAD VINYLJET v.s. Roland VersaCamm

darinbushman

Other than the roland is a PNC machine, does anyone have any perspective to add about these two machines, how do they compare on print quality, cost of operation, outdoor durability, etc... etc.. We are currently evaluating the purchase of a new printer, We anticipate the majority of our use will be for outdoor signage, floor graphics, and vehicle graphics, but would like the flexibility offered by a PNC machine for doing stickers, labels, etc... but we are not dead set on that as a requirement.

Any thought on these two? Are there other outdoor durable PNC machines that I am somehow overlooking???

Thanks in advance,

Darin

bigbly

go and see each one printing
take a file of your own & watch how long it takes to print at sellable quality
you will see the Roland has much nicer print quality

azcolor

Vinyljet is not your answer for signs

If you need a low cost SLOWWWWWW banner printer the vinyljet works good But I would save my pennies for a better unit

jayhawksigns

Just a thought, I am not sure what they run cost wise yet, but Mimaki just released a new smaller printer that is the size of the VersaCamm.

We picked up a wide format printer last year and were looking at the Mimaki JV3 and Roland SolJet. We ended going with the Mimaki because the prints held up to alcohol and other cleaning agents a whole lot better. Since both of the smaller machine run similar inks to their bigger brothers, I would expect the VersaCamm prints to fail in the same way.

And I would think Mimaki would bundle a cutter with the printer since they are targetig the VersaCamm, so you would get a PNC setup. And with them being seperate units, you can be cutting while you are starting to print your next job.

Just my .02.

Matthew

Barry

jayhawksigns said:
Just a thought, I am not sure what they run cost wise yet, but Mimaki just released a new smaller printer that is the size of the VersaCamm.

We picked up a wide format printer last year and were looking at the Mimaki JV3 and Roland SolJet. We ended going with the Mimaki because the prints held up to alcohol and other cleaning agents a whole lot better. Since both of the smaller machine run similar inks to their bigger brothers, I would expect the VersaCamm prints to fail in the same way.

And I would think Mimaki would bundle a cutter with the printer since they are targetig the VersaCamm, so you would get a PNC setup. And with them being seperate units, you can be cutting while you are starting to print your next job.

Just my .02.

Matthew
If you have a Versacamm you really need another cutter to do cut work anyways. At 11ips the versacamm is just 2 slow to be utilized as a full time cutter.

Personally I use my versacamm for print/cut stuff and my Summa D60 for cut vinyl.

Versacamm prints should be laminated if used out doors (That is if you want serious life out of them). Chemicals become a non-issue once laminated.