• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

End of roll error with banner on VJ-1324

signgal01

I get often an end of roll error and the machine stops printing with banner material. I'm pretty sure it is the heavy roll and not my sensor as I never get the end of roll error with vinyl. Does anyone else get this and have you found a way to bypass it? Also, I'm finding it harder to get 100ft or 115ft rolls of banner the 164 rolls are so large my machine has a hard time pulling the weight.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Slap a piece of vinyl or opaque tape over the sensor hole. That will guarantee it doesn't trip. Just know that if the roll DOES come to an end, it could cause a mess on the platen.

natallica

Graphics Guru
Had this problem on a Seiko(Oki) W-64s, only using 3m vinyl material, I assumed the lettering on the backer tripped the sensor somehow.
A piece of masking tape fixed the issue. Everytime I use it, I put tape over the sensor....problem averted.

-N8