• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

End of Roll

Idea Design

I searched the forum and found quite a few threads dealing with the "End of Roll" error on the 1204.

I got this error for the first time last night. I'd never seen it before and I never knew it was a problem. I was printing a wrap for a race car, and was approx 10.5 feet into a 12 foot sheet when I got the error. I don't know what caused it; my printer is loaded with 30" gloss Oracal 3651, is tracking straight, and all seemed well. The other side of the car, which was also right at 12' long, printed fine. I trimmed that one off and sent the second panel.

I guess my question is is there any way to salvage this print or do I get to pull off a nearly full bleed 11' x 30" piece of vinyl and neatly fold it up and throw it away? Is there a way to tell the printer we, in fact, are NOT at the end of the roll?

It's strange, the results from my search mostly showed where guys were sending banner material thru with too high heat and the material was buckling up right over the sensor, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Pro Image

I haven't found a way to salvage the print.......

But I did find the cause for my error.......Mine happens when printing 48in banner.....the banner bucks up just slightly in the back and caused the sensor to trigger.......I don't think I have had it do it on vinyl......You could always cover the sensor with white vinyl........

TheSnowman

I only cover the sensor when I HAVE to when I know it's going to be close. I'm sure there are lots of people here who have every sensor on everything they own covered up.

Idea Design

Pro, yours is the problem I found.

I have read about this happening, but it always seems to be media related. I just wish I understood why it happened here, that's all.

Thanks for the replies; I'll post more if anything else comes to light.