• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Enroute - Import files

jlperez2k8

Hi!

I'm using EnRoute 4 software with a Multicam 3000 CNC Router. I'm having problems importing some files from other formats like DXF, EPS or AI into Enroute. Almost all the lines of the drawing are duplicates and in some places triplicates.

Any idea? Any suggestion how to solve this?

Thanks

Joe

briderx

Yeah, I have TONS of options.. running the same setup. Something in your program you are exporting has something wrong with the export option. You need to check with that to see why the lines are there.. Convert to curves?? May be a first option.. Uncombine and ungroup. What program are you coming from?

longbeachmichael

i think it depends on what version dxf, eps, or ai you export them as. i use illustrator cs3 and export all my files as version 3 eps to enroute with no problems ever.

marcinito

Working with Enroute 3 and 4 i found that when exporting DXF's always check option "Polylines" instead of Arcs and Lines.
Any software such as omega Neon Wizard or adobe will take those files nice and clean.

V-ENGRAVE

Corel Draw does that too. If I import DXF file created in ACAD Corel layers 21 lines on top of each one. So I have asked clients to supply me with WMF output and it is super clean 99% of the time. This might be worth to look into at your end.

marcinito

When working with CorelDraw x3 i always export my dxf's using the oldest AutCad filter which is in case of x3 AutoCad13.
I can use those files anytime and the come out as clean as you can get them.

Now getting your DXF into Corel Draw is another story. Import your EnRoute Dxf's to Corel works perfect as long as you select scaling option "English (1unit = 1inch)