• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

enviromental match

how do you do the enviromental match? i've read a few times now about once you print, let to dry/out gas and laminate, you then do an "enviromental match"................we've never done that. so, how do you do it?

Double Diamond

Under menu... arrow down or up till it sais enviro match. Hit enter. It runs the y axis. Takes less than a minute. It's good for a print, lam then cut job. I think it calibrates itself at it's current condition like temp and such and compinsates for it. Hope it helps. J

oh i forgot to ask.............do you load in the prints with lam,.........then do the enviro match? or.......before you load in your prints?

JRSdecals

If you have a VP540, i don't think you will have that option in the menu. With that printer Roland started making the machine do it automatically everytime it reads the media width.

Jeremy

when your printer takes the enviroment it is in, for example the room it is in and adjusts for any temp/humidity changes etc so the material you have reloaded into your printer is cut correctly.....................i think i explained that ok??!!!?!

Zazzess

when your printer takes the enviroment it is in, for example the room it is in and adjusts for any temp/humidity changes etc so the material you have reloaded into your printer is cut correctly.....................i think i explained that ok??!!!?!

I understand :) thank you :peace!:

Roland

This function is made automatically on VP-540 every time the setup sheet is made. The printer calibrates itself (encoder setup etc...) considering the external factors : humidity, temperature, light (I guess) a.s.o.