• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Envision 375 Strange Problem - Won't Cut Some Jobs

SlikGRFX

Something strange is happening with our Envision and I'm out of ideas.

When we send a job to the cutter, it cuts the target then follows the cut paths but without lowering the blade, so the job isn't cut out. It doesn't happen on every job, only some jobs, but we can't see any pattern or correlation between the jobs that don't cut. One job doesn't cut, the next job cuts just fine, even if the job is larger in size, longer, more detailed, same colour foils etc.

Here's the strange bit. At first we thought there must be an issue with the artwork, so we resaved the files but it still doesn't cut. So we recreated the files from scratch with fresh artwork. Same problem. Then we recreated the files with black only (no other foils). Same issue. Then we put the cut paths on a separate layer, different colour, same stroke width, checked the files for stray points, empty fills, text etc, Nothing. The files are clean but it still refuses to cut the same jobs, no matter what we do with the file setup.

Why would the cutter have the same issue with multiple versions of the same artwork? Why would the cutter not lower the blade, even though it follows the cutpaths?

Any input would be much appreciated!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Billct2

I hate hearing about stuff like this, especially when it hasn't happened to me (yet). The first suggestion is to double check all the connections, internal and external.

SlikGRFX

Thanks for the reply. Tomorrow we're going to try a different cable, update firmware, drivers etc.
We've been running this setup for over 5 years without any issues. How it works with one job, but then repeatedly fails with the same job, no matter what we do with the setup is confusing me.

I like solving problems, but we have lots of jobs to get out and this has me truly confused.

Jburns

are you getting any errors on the display of the cutter? does the job disapeare from the Spool window?

SlikGRFX

If we leave the job to finish (not) cutting, then it sometimes throws error 15 (encoder). The job stays in the spool window when this happens.

We've always had issues with jobs staying in the spool window, but if you force quit GQ Manager, it clears them. I think that could be a USB issue because the rest of the USB ports don't work until GQ Manager is restarted. We are using a usb to serial cable with a null modem adaptor which has worked fine but the connections could be a bit funky.

Still doesn't explain why it works on most jobs but then refuses to cut another job, no matter what we do with the file.

Jburns

maybe check your USB ports - I don't know how, but I have heard sometimes they turn off with inactivity.

edit; never mind I dont think this is the issue.

Jburns

maybe try this:

How do I stop my USB ports from turning off?

3) Click Change advanced power settings. 4) Click to expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting. 5) Select Disabled from the drop-down option. Then click Apply and OKto save the change.

FunkotronXL

What software and version are you using? Are you driving settings using Rules (within individual file settings) or do you manually set force, speed, & accel settings on the plotter per job?