• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

epson 10000 no ink coming out

Famous Ramos

I have a epson 10000 and I took the printhead out to clean out due to a little banding in Magenta. I put it back in with no problems. Now there is no ink coming out when I do a nozzle check. Do I need to purge the lines or head? Any help please.
thanks

MikePro

from what I know on my mimaki:

whenever you remove a print head and put it in, you've broken the vacuum seal and chances are that there's an airbubble somewhere between the printhead and the cartridge that is keeping the ink from flowing as it should.

when I swap print heads, I take a syringe and draw ink through the bottom of my damper (sometimes the ink has run back up the lines nearly to the cartridge, so i use a BIG syringe) and inject ~5-10cc through the damper's connection on the print head (0.5cc/sec, SLOWLY), just before connecting the two together.

this way, i know that there's ink all the way through the system as it should be... and I don't have to waste anymore ink doing a FillUpInk, because I know the printhead is already "primed" with ink.

JeridHill

I wouldn't ever pull a printhead unless absolutely necessary. I picked up a demo Epson 10000 a few months ago for a very great price, FREE! I fired it up and printed a nozzle check. This printer sat for 2 years and the nozzle check printed nothing. I ran 3 head cleans and ended up with a perfect nozzle check. Never had a problem since. These are the photographic dye inks and I was amazed I could get a print. I figured I would have to replace the head for sure.