• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

petit

HY, we just got a 80600 from EPSON in a 9 color mode using onyx but we can't get a good ICC to print bright and full colors, i mean that we have tried some 9 colors icc and get then a good red, green, bright orange but we can't get a good dark blue or deep blue for example and on the other hand we have tried classic ICC CMJN profile and there we get good orange, deep blue but no way to get a bright red or deep red, the red is just fading in pink even using 100% Magenta and 100% Yellow.
For me it seem that using the 9 colors is getting the red color killing the blue we are trying to find.
I can't see any solution from yet. Please other EPSON 80600 user on anyx share your experience, we print on SUBSTANCE media looking for motocross bikes colors for informations.
Best regards to all.
James

BVG

There's an Epson Wide Gamut input profile available which apparently helps. I'm sure someone with more colour experience can chime in to provide more details.

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
You may really need to have someone create a custom profile for you as opposed to using
a canned profile.

mim

0_o
We recently started using a s80600 and I know very little about the specifics of color handling but maybe this input is helpful. I get the exact color every time if I apply a Pantone color rather than a CMYK/RGB color. However I recently have been struggling to get a rich burgundy. I do get some good deep blues though!

Also, if you want to cheat a little, find a nice light blue and print it on the Backlit Film mode, it should make it very dark and rich. This obv isn't a good routine option but if you're in a pinch then it works ;)

petit

We recently started using a s80600 and I know very little about the specifics of color handling but maybe this input is helpful. I get the exact color every time if I apply a Pantone color rather than a CMYK/RGB color. However I recently have been struggling to get a rich burgundy. I do get some good deep blues though!

Also, if you want to cheat a little, find a nice light blue and print it on the Backlit Film mode, it should make it very dark and rich. This obv isn't a good routine option but if you're in a pinch then it works ;)
That's exactly what i don't want to do anymore: cheating.
I've been guided by an ONYX tech and have followed every set up he told me but the colors were poor as classic CMYK colors by an old Roland.
I've created my own ICC using CMYKOR ICC from ONYX and then i get a superb RED but the blue is too bright so i cheat in JOB EDITOR adding 20% more of each color so the blue can be acceptable.
I have also tried using the Swatch book but then on blue colors i get banding....then i try multi pass and then too many ink on vinyl...

I have also a CMYK ICC wich is good for all colors BUT the RED which become a poor MAGENTA.