• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 80600 Missing LC/LM

airborneassault

Good evening all! Our S80 lost all nozzles in the Lc/Lm #2 Head. Went from perfect nozzle check to absolutely nothing. I've run 3 each of the medium cleaning for the affected nozzles and the heavy cleaning as well as manual head cleaning which showed no issues and still no sign of Lc/Lm
I filled the cap tops with solution and tried to "park" the head but I'm not familiar enough with this solvent machine to keep the solution in the caps vs having it flushed directly to the waste ink tank. Our old roland I could clamp the return lines and essentially soak the heads overnight to recover nozzles.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ProColorGraphics

I had black start to go out in head 2, then all of the sudden it threw a print head error code and now I am stuck. Waiting on a tech to come out now.

ProColorGraphics

That’s a bummer Matt!!! Hopefully it’s a super easy and inexpensive fix that doesn’t require a new head. Keep me posted
I am pretty sure it will take a head. haha. They quoted for everything it could be, including 2 heads, came to $5500. Hopefully it won't need all of that!!! I thought about just dumping it and getting something else, but there isn't anything else out now that interests me. haha

SignsbyBrandon

Man, I am dealing with the EXACT same thing right now. Printer has been running fine up until 3 weeks ago. Noticed banding in my prints and my light M and light C are showing all sorts of broken lines in my print nozzle tests. I have ran multiple cleanings and it hasn't gotten any better. I changed out the maintenance pads and roller and I am going to try to replace the capping stations next.

Really hoping its not a print head.... airborneassault

a77

Man, I am dealing with the EXACT same thing right now. Printer has been running fine up until 3 weeks ago. Noticed banding in my prints and my light M and light C are showing all sorts of broken lines in my print nozzle tests. I have ran multiple cleanings and it hasn't gotten any better. I changed out the maintenance pads and roller and I am going to try to replace the capping stations next.

Really hoping its not a print head.... airborneassault

How old is your head?

klingsdesigns

I had this same thing happen on my head 1 the last month. Got head replaced with captop assembly and also damper assembly today. Still have banding though :(