• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 9600 and Phototex

knucklehead

Using Phototex, Epson pro 9600, ultrachrome inks. Printing straight from Corel X4.

Trying to print this camaro wall banner. Printed a small one to check the color, the orange came out a murky orange, instead of hugger orange. So, changed the profile, and printed a test square, looked good, printed the banner with the new profile, and back to murky orange, but not as bad as the first one. Any ideas?

Attachments

• orange camaro 2.jpg
    orange camaro 2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 110
  • color card.jpg
    color card.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 116

Oroscoe

Using Phototex, Epson pro 9600, ultrachrome inks. Printing straight from Corel X4.

Trying to print this camaro wall banner. Printed a small one to check the color, the orange came out a murky orange, instead of hugger orange. So, changed the profile, and printed a test square, looked good, printed the banner with the new profile, and back to murky orange, but not as bad as the first one. Any ideas?

Are you printing RGB or CMYK?

Jackpine

I print with an Epson 7700 (CMY matte Black Photo Black) with STS inks ( Epson inks work as good also) from Corel X3 or X5. I use the Epson print manager and use Synthetic Adhesive for the profile with excellent quality and color density. I work in RGB color in Corel. I don't use spot colors unless they are requested from the client.

knucklehead

I was just wandering if anyone had any idea why the color would change so much from the test block, to the print? That's what has me baffled.

knucklehead

Thanks for the tips, Seems I get to re-print it now, the guy just emailed me the photos of the box the post office delivered. Looks like it might have got caught between the forlift, and the truck. The print looks almost as bad as the box. Got tire tracks on it.

Was your test square built the same way as the print file?

Yep, same Corel spot color, same profile. Only thing changed between the test block, and the print, was the image.

knucklehead

Now, customers wife (imagine that?) doesn't want to go to all the trouble of sending the print back, so I can claim the insurance with the USPS. She wants 50% refund. Said the husband is a 'perfectionist', but can live with the wrinkles, and creases. They've already put it up.

I WAS going to send a replacement, whether they sent the other one back, or not. Probably not gonna happen now.

Attachments

• bryans box (Small).JPG
    bryans box (Small).JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 82

Jackpine

No refund, no discount......reprint and reship after you get the damaged package back.....is how I would handle it.

knucklehead

No refund, no discount......reprint and reship after you get the damaged package back.....is how I would handle it.

Yep.

Just being able to adhere to the wall, doesn't make it usable. Plus, it's making my product look like crap.

If any of that guy's buddies come by, what's the chances they would say, the PO F'ed up the print? Maybe? Maybe not? Gaurentee they'll say, this is how it arrived from MoJo Graphics.