• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 9900 issues

tim99

I got an ink cartridge error on all 11 cartridges. if pull out 1 cartridge all other inks show up fine. it doesn't matter what ink i pull out to make it do this either. any ideas on what could be going on here?

Attachments

• 20180524_143420.jpg
    20180524_143420.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 20180524_143454.jpg
    20180524_143454.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 20180524_143527.jpg
    20180524_143527.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 210

benski

Anybody ever solve this? Ive exhausted every avenue. I have 2 9900's and they are both doing the same 11 ink error. my second one turned on ok and it was fine until I went into service mode to do initial ink fill. After that It also gave me the ink cartridge error on all 11 inks. If you pull any ink cart out it reads the rest correctly. I tried all new refillable ink carts. I updated the firmware no luck. In service mode i get the 1439 error message on both units. Ink system/pump station may need replacement but would that not permit the printer from reading carts. Really need one of these printers working and Im out of ideas.

netsol

you may want to post this request on inkjetmall.com
with the peculiarities those epsons have with their chips, you may have better results

they have been helpful with our 9880's

i know there is a needlessly involved procedure removing all the cartridges, doing a reset and allowing the machine to acquaint itself with each cartridge/chip combo as though it is for the first time, but i have not touched one in quite a while.

benski

you may want to post this request on inkjetmall.com
with the peculiarities those epsons have with their chips, you may have better results

they have been helpful with our 9880's

i know there is a needlessly involved procedure removing all the cartridges, doing a reset and allowing the machine to acquaint itself with each cartridge/chip combo as though it is for the first time, but i have not touched one in quite a while.
thanks I will try that.
Ive had the carts out dozen times. Ive tried everything. One printer to the second, always red x's unless I pull single cart out then the rest read ok. Any cart out rest read good.