• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Edge Dashboard

Saturn

Aging Member
With a new modem brought some changes to the LAN IP addresses.

I use my own router, and plugging that straight back in seemed to work fine for all devices except for the printer connection to Epson Edge Dashboard. My RIP and printer talk just fine with new manually paired IP addresses and I can print as I always did, but EED doesn't seem to have a way to manually update an IP address. The refresh/search does not find anything. (Obviously I run my IT department with luck, not knowledge... )

Network issue of my own creation? Or can I uninstall/reinstall something related to the EED (Comm Driver?) and get back to square one without fear of mucking things up worse?

Side question, is EED "required" for anything other than downloading profiles or manually circulating ink? I plan to add white ink in the future and that's the only reason I would really worry... I never do anything in EED other than leaving it open in the browser 90% of the time—the 10% it's no open seem to indicate it's not mission critical.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
EED isn't really required if you have a RIP you've successfully configured.
We only use ours to set up new media types, as it's easier typing the new name into a keyboard than trying to use the printer control panel.
It's odd that you can't see the printer when refreshing the printer list. Has the PC with EED installed on it got a new IP address that matches the network the printer is now configured on?

JulieS

I had this issue last week when a power outage messed with IP addresses. I finally realized that there isn't a way to change the IP in EED, so everything else needs to match the IP shown in EED. Change the IP in all other possible places to match that. I changed it on the computer, on the printer itself, and in the Onyx Thrive RIP software we use, and the problem was solved.

Bill DiStasio

EED isn't really required if you have a RIP you've successfully configured.
We only use ours to set up new media types, as it's easier typing the new name into a keyboard than trying to use the printer control panel.
It's odd that you can't see the printer when refreshing the printer list. Has the PC with EED installed on it got a new IP address that matches the network the printer is now configured on?
I had the same problem when I added a switch to the network. I use Flexi and don't need it. Onyx requires it I think. I have spent hours trying to get it to update ip's when I changed to flexi without success, but the printer works fine without it!

Saturn

Aging Member
Onyx (I'm using 19 atm) doesn't seem to require it, but given the hardware changes I'm not likely to be able to tweak things back to exactly how they were, regarding being able to use that specific IP address again.

So here's the second question—Can I uninstall and reinstall Dashboard while leaving everything else in place (Comm Driver, etc.) and then re-register my printer as though nothing happened? I assume yes, since folks buy and trade and replace things all the time... Just looking for the least disruption if possible.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Saturn,
Most likely, the uninstall will not cleanly remove app data
So, very possible it will just grab the same address

netsol

Premium Subscriber

This seems to be what you need

Saturn

Aging Member
Follow-up:

Uninstalling the EED (Edge Dashboard) alone wasn't enough to reset the printer registration/IP.

I needed to also uninstall the Epson Comm Driver (the regular "uninstall" apps process will do this, and it's listed there, no need to dig deeper) and reinstall it before installing EED. This let me re-register the printer with the new and correct IP address.

Last edited:

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have never used the Epson Edge Dashboard in around 6 years of running S-series printers. You can do everything you need to in Onyx (or other rip) or on the printer itself.

Reaction GFX

I have never used the Epson Edge Dashboard in around 6 years of running S-series printers. You can do everything you need to in Onyx (or other rip) or on the printer itself.
I disabled the Edge Dashboard shortly after getting my S40 almost four years ago when setting it up to print via TCP/IP (don't even remember exactly everything I did, but printer has been running fine ever since using Onyx GamaPrint RIP). However, now I'm seeing there is a firmware update available and I can't for the life of me figure out how to update the firmware without using the EDGE Dashboard. Edge Dashboard just shows the printer as offline, while GamaPrint sees the printer just fine. Any idea how I can update the firmware?

Saturn

Aging Member
I disabled the Edge Dashboard shortly after getting my S40 almost four years ago when setting it up to print via TCP/IP (don't even remember exactly everything I did, but printer has been running fine ever since using Onyx GamaPrint RIP). However, now I'm seeing there is a firmware update available and I can't for the life of me figure out how to update the firmware without using the EDGE Dashboard. Edge Dashboard just shows the printer as offline, while GamaPrint sees the printer just fine. Any idea how I can update the firmware?

See below:
Follow-up:

Uninstalling the EED (Edge Dashboard) alone wasn't enough to reset the printer registration/IP.

I needed to also uninstall the Epson Comm Driver (the regular "uninstall" apps process will do this, and it's listed there, no need to dig deeper) and reinstall it before installing EED. This let me re-register the printer with the new and correct IP address.

If it ain't broke, you might not really want to bother with the firmware. Unless it's mandatory, it's often best to just let it ride.