• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000

JTpro

Run a test print / nozzle check and getting zero on the media. Ran cleanings and also manually soaked to head at an attempt to removed any clogged / dried ink in the heads. We have taken apart the front of the right maintenance station to gain access to the pumps to see if their was a clog and we were able to run cleaning fluid easily through all hoses. With the heads in the capping station we are drawing ink through by disconnecting the pumping station and hooking a syringe up to one side and clamping the other hoses. Ink is being drawn from each of the heads when the procedure is done. Run a test print and the head goes back and fourth with no ink being fired.

If the head was totally clogged why would ink be able to be pulled through?

Any insight would be great!!

JTpro

magenta does, but the others do not. I just picked up a second one for free last friday. I'm going to swap out the printhead board and then main board to see if it makes a difference. I feel like it's just not sending information to the head

JTpro

same issue second printer

So we still get nothing when doing a test print from the machine, not a single drop of ink. We will do a cleaning and ink will come through the waste tube as well as the capping station has fresh ink on it.... but we get zero ink on the media when doing a nozzle check. This is the second machine with the same exact problem.

Starting to think that we are doing something wrong. I have yet to hook it up to a computer yet, will try that next.

Still looking for any advise if their is some out their!!!

Espartaco1967

may be dampers

I recommend you change dampers and maintenance station, the dampers should be changed every six months and the station every 12 months to charge ink from the panel.

Espartaco1967

Test the Fuses

if you say that if you eject ink, your problem can be mainboard fuses with a tester checks that are not open

greysquirrel

This is a GS6000...if no heads are firing...maybe if you are lucky it's the main board...

The problem that the GS has is that it does not have a slow death...it's quick, abrupt...almost like it has a clock ticking backwards...

best thing to do unfortunately is the expensive path...call EPSON, schedule D1 for service...at least the parts/labor is covered for 90 days...after you get up off the floor after you hear how much you will come to your senses and replace the printer...

hopefully the printer had a good run for you...