• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Epson Gs600o Ink Hack Issue

Maxime

Fellow printer people,

I decided a month back to install a Chinese made printer hack to fool my printer and make it believe the cartridges are always fool, and thus saving me around two thirds on ink costs in the future.

How it works or should work is this, you make sure all is running fine, turn off the printer, take the chips off the cartridges, place them on newly acquired refillable ink cartridges, install the two little computer boards, restart the printer and you're now set. this works fine for some days.

Then, when simply requesting a nozzle print check, the printer went into a long cleaning mode and all of a sudden asked for a fresh cartridge; LM. Weird, this wasn't supposed to happen. After each restart it will now clean and ask for different sets of new cartridges, mainly LM, M, Y and C. Sometimes just the C.

Asked around a bit and now hear the Chinese hack is unreliable, and to simply use the chip resetter is best. So I take off the two little computerboard and wire loops, get a chip resetter and reset several cartridges without much succes, it should turn green, nut mostly doesn't. I restart; it now asks for only BLACK. Great I think, I put one in, restart, cleaning, and AGAIN it asks for LM, M, Y and C.
Madness.

What is the problem? Any thoughts please anyone?
I have all the related manuals and repair softwares etc but am new to that part of printing.
is this printer fried? I tried a reset to default, same issues..
restarting, long cleaning, wasting loads of ink and probably messing of my print heads, then insert LM, M, Y and C.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Cheers
Max

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I am willing to bet the machine has recognized you are tricking it and is emptying your ink as a punishment. It sounds far fetched but Roland did it years back as well.

Maxime

Thought of many things in this nightmarish affair but not this one. Makes complete sense though..

I guess i'm up for a full fresh set of inks. This is turning out a costly project.

Many printers seem to run this system succesfully though.

boxerbay

but why? you went from .50persqft to .25persqft? you should be passing on the ink costs to the customer. cheap inks will only clog your heads and you will end up with a $5000 problem.

Maxime

True. But I was done with paying 200e plus for inks anyway, sometimes I don't print for months and still he asks for more cartridges.

Looking back I never should have taken this route though. Lost a ton of inks, ordering a grant more tomorrow.

Hopefully the simple resetter tool will function better and I'll make back the 2k lost in total.

Btw, there are many good affordable inks out there and Epson inks has had it's problems too with the GS6000. Orange, green en black mostly.

Thanks for your input

boxerbay

Dont print for months? You should then outsource your jobs. You cant have a solvent printer sit for months then expect it to have full ink carts and print well. It's a commercial printer not a desktop home printer. It needs to be run. 2K loss and you dont print for months? I am guessing it will take 20 years to make it up. haha. Outsource and save the headaches.

Orange and Green issues were NOT an issue with the ink. It was an issue with the Colorburst RIP. The RIP was not moving enough ink through the heads to keep it from drying in the head. EPSON GS6000 was one of the first 6+ ink printers and RIPS were not set up to handle 8 colors properly. An updated Colorburst RIP was sent out and that fixed the issue. There was a small batch of bad black ink and if it was found to be the cause EPSON replaced the heads for free.

C

ColoPrinthead

I had issues with the green not staying a consistent color on two GS6000s that were run by Onyx.

boxerbay

I'm not sure with Onyx but Colorburst 9.3.1 had orange and green issues. They realized the RIP was not pushing enough ink through those channels. Colorburst 9.3.8 came out as an update and corrected those issues. We are now running Colorburst 10 with no issues. We can do full rolls overnight unattended with zero color drop out and zero headstrikes. The GS6000 runs better when its run daily.

Maxime

Guess I learned the hard way, and still am. 2 months is long but yes that happened at times in the past 8 years now nearly. Didn't even know you had to leave on the machine for the first years, the heads survived these times weirdly enough.

I'm now getting ready for a head replacement. Have any experience with this? Might enter a fresh post for this when I don't find any already.

On the issue here at hand, I managed to solve this; noticed the sub ink tanks were empty on several colours. How this happened I do not know yet, since there was plenty of inks left. Probably because of weird chips, reset, decoded, etc.
I placed cards between the sub tank ink level readers and the printer started up fine.
After some printing they should be filling up again I understand.

Pavel Kruglii

Hi Max, 2 weeks ago I've made the same as you describe here. I bought and installed chinesse chip decoder on my epson GS6000 and untill today everything was fine. But today during printing orange ink strarts to blink as it sould be replaced. I tried to reset chip with simple chip resseter but nothing has happened. On dispay of the machine all inks are full (100%) but when i try to print something i can hear noise like click from the left side of machine and after some time orange starts to blink again. As i understand you have found solution to the problem. But can you describe me more detailed please because i'm not familiar with ink system of the machine.
Thank you very much.
Pavel