• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson launches first latex: SC-R5000

yannb

Attachments

• epson-surecolor-sc-r5000-2-mid.jpg.jpg
    epson-surecolor-sc-r5000-2-mid.jpg.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 397

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Pretty sure they also have a flatbed latex coming in this same release.... Or maybe I just thought so.
Nevermind, probably mixed it up with the UV flatbed.

Last edited:

ProPDF

If it is Sepiax old ink hopefully they changed it because you had to print so slow on it that it never made since to even use it over 10 years ago when Sepiax was going to trade-shows with rebranded wit-color chinese printers. You had to print max pass and max heat and it was painful to watch and from my understanding. Hopefully it works out but they need to have orange, green and red option in my opinion.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Fun fact, there's no latex rubber in HP latex ink either! It's just a term that means it's a water dispersed polymer.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Weird, looks a lot like the Hp latex. Nothing at all about ink stretch-ability, looks like more made for flat surfaces than wraps.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Weird, looks a lot like the Hp latex. Nothing at all about ink stretch-ability, looks like more made for flat surfaces than wraps.
Can't do much about the heater, got to get rid of the water. Makes it look more similar altought otherwise it looks like Epson.

tudouqiezi

What’s the reason you would replace the 80600? Other media choices, less wait time to laminate, ...?
Yes, there are other reasons. The smell of ink, GS3 ink is not scratch resistant, R5000 if it has white ink is better. The new printhead is also what attracts me

yannb

Yes, there are other reasons. The smell of ink, GS3 ink is not scratch resistant, R5000 if it has white ink is better. The new printhead is also what attracts me

FYI, the SC-R5000 and R5000L do not have white. There are hannels for CMYK Lc Lm, Optimizer and maintenance liquid.

jasonx

Yup read them already. Want to see if it's going to be like an HP 570 or more like Colorado in terms of speed.

greysquirrel

The flatbed does not have white ink or greyscale heads, not sure who that will be for...Im not sure why a new printhead would attract anyone. Epson has the best image quality of any printer in its class right now. The ink smells because 4 years ago they decide to try to follow HP with quicker off gassing times. Now you can laminate in the same day with the GS3 inks. Yes they smell because of that. Their inks are as scratch resistant as Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki. HP needed to address scratching with their gen 1 latex printers...again...EPSON should just be EPSON and stop trying to be HP. Your market has always been image quality...stay there.
The flatbed will flop. Too little too late. rant over