• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

epson printer, maxx black ink?

petepaz

a while ago there was a thread about making films for silk screening and someone put a link to a website that sold epson printers that had a rip and used all black ink...max black i think
and i searched for about 20 min and can't find it
so if anyone knows can you please post it again thanks

Doyle

i own this system and it has been great until just recently the heads are completely clogged. Test prints are blank and cleanings are no use. Really upset because it prints great films, black is almost 100% opaque even against light.

petepaz

do-over thanks for the help
and doyle we had some issues with our print head on our 4800 and we got a new print head but the repair guy told us when you use secondary inks especially the black has particles that clog the heads because (i forget what the part is called) the capping station maybe? where the ink shoots, sponge or filter area gets ink build up so you have to check that and he said poke it with a toothpick a few times and pour windex or alcohol to loosen it up because it builds up and hits the print head and also the ink has no where to go at that point and dries up in the head not sure if that is what happened to you but something to check out