• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S40600,60600, and 80600 Magenta clogging

funnyb0nz

So Im looking at upgrading from S40600 to the 80600. Looked on EBAY, FYI do not do business with Bensak. GOINKJET.com I looked at an add on ebay for used 80600, he sent me nozzle test and picture of status. Showed printer being install date of 2020 and low media count.
I told him I was going to drive from Ohio to NY to look at it, and he said save the trip he would ship at no cost. I said I had another unit to look at in NJ. Needless to say, looked at the one in Jersey. The guy lied as nozzles were showing clogged even after cleaning. However it seemed to be M2 and some on the Magenta. Well my S40600 after 3 years I had issues with M2 only. So I passed on this one and continued on to Goinkjet in Port Washington NY. Dave had me go with his tech into wharehouse to look at printer, it printed fine couple clogged nozzles, the kicker was when he did status, this printer was from 2016 and had a crap ton of media count on it. Was not same printer that Dave sent me status print to. I asked the guy how long printer was in wharehouse for and he told me 4 years. So be cautious when dealing with Dave from Bensak/Goinkjet. However this printer also had some nozzle clogs on M2.
So I am curious with other Epson S series owners, if you have nozzle clogs is it only with Magenta? If so, we need to bring this to Epson's attention and get them to take responsibility as alot of us are replacing printer heads at over 3K a pop. It's the internet that is able to get users together to go against these big corporations where they try telling us that we are the only ones haveing an issue.
I do have a print head cleaning machine comeing where I will be offering cleaning services of print heads that are out of warranty for fraction of cost of new print head. However if you only haveing issues with Magenta please speak up in this thread.

marsuni

Unitype-GR
There is no theme with S80 heads if you make the right maintenance!!!
Ours, from early 2018 has, since now, printed over 60.000 sqm (2020 covid year, only 2.000) with ONLY one head replacement!!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
No issues here with our Epson printers, but after having the S70 series printers with white/silver ink we went with S60600 printers since they're faster and we only used the white ink like once a year.