• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S40600 Take Up Issue

SameDay Signs

As title states I have an epson s40600 been a fantastic printer and love it but the take up isn't working properly. I will have to do it manually which works fine but the issue im having is when put on auto either direction and the bar down it does take up but then continues without stopping....Hence it then pulls media so if printing its a real problem...any help is greatly appreciated as their like $900 and tech to replace..

jfiscus

Rap Master
Sounds like the bar switch. The bar's position tells the motor to turn on/off to activate the reel. Look for the position switch and see if it is dirty or loose.

SameDay Signs

Sounds like the bar switch. The bar's position tells the motor to turn on/off to activate the reel. Look for the position switch and see if it is dirty or loose.
not sure where that would be any idea? not trying to sound dumb i come from mimakis and could tear those apart but this epson is completely different for me lol though i do love it, i also have a maintenance part needs replaced soon and not sure where or how i just bought the kit with the filters wiper and such and replaced....i don't know how to add solution cleaning as i dont know where it goes

jfiscus

Rap Master
Actually, sounds like you have one of the switches positioned incorrectly or something plugged in wrong if this is a brand new unit.

mdjamesd

The take up reel sensor got messed up in one of our old S30670's. It used 2 hall effect sensors. The trigger bar had become bent. If you undo the bolt on the capping station end of the take-up-reel mount, you can then slide the unit off. there are a handful of screws and internal plastic clips to undo in order to get to the sensor.