• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S40600 with Siser Colorprint Issue

Hello, I'm new to printing using the S40600 and my regular fleet vinyl is fine but I'm having an issue with printing on the Siser Colorprint PU HTV.The ink is blotchy/ grain-like. I've tried every resolution and nothing has fixed it so far.

Can anyone help?

20211120_082736.jpg

The default on the printer is 104, 104 and 128 for temp.

I tried to make an HTV profile but apparently not doing it right . I guess I need help either finding one or setting one up.

Hello!
Yes! Apologies, I forgot to circle back on this thread.

The trick for me was to add additional dry time between each print pass. I scooted mine up to 2.5 seconds and it's worked out much, much better. I've done that with all my vinyl (time depending on type of vinyl) and it has cut down on graininess and is a much nicer print.

klingsdesigns

Hello!
Yes! Apologies, I forgot to circle back on this thread.

The trick for me was to add additional dry time between each print pass. I scooted mine up to 2.5 seconds and it's worked out much, much better. I've done that with all my vinyl (time depending on type of vinyl) and it has cut down on graininess and is a much nicer print.
Did it seem like before you did that the ink would bleed on text. And now its nice and crisp? Also what profile and heat settings are you using?

It did seem to be fuzzy/bleed on text and essentially everything. It was more noticable when it was an imagine due to the amount of ink in one place. But it was grainy/pooling and now it's crisp and clean and I barely ever see dots/graininess.

klingsdesigns

It did seem to be fuzzy/bleed on text and essentially everything. It was more noticable when it was an imagine due to the amount of ink in one place. But it was grainy/pooling and now it's crisp and clean and I barely ever see dots/graininess.
what profile and heat settings are you using?

dannyflp

Hello, can you share the profile you use now and show the results printed?
thanks in advance!