• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S40600

funnyb0nz

I have a Epson S40600 that is maybe 1.5 years old. I did a nozzle check and my M2 is printing a blank spot (see attached picture). I always clean and do a nozzle check weekly, however this showed up today. I have cleaned the head manually, and did a few cleanings from the printer option. However I still get the blank spot on the M2. Any suggestions on what to try next? Also how long are print heads good for on these? I print maybe a roll of film every month or two. So not a big print shop.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, waiting for call back from Grimco Tech Support.

Attachments

• 20211019_111545.jpg
    20211019_111545.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 342
I print a roll a week and printheads last for 4-5 years, yours should last for 20. No not really as every headstrike will damage the nozzles and I can see a deflection on your M2 at the bottom which is a clear sign of a headstrike which happens every now and then no matter how careful you are. For the best print quality you'll need to swich from 4 passes to 6 or 8 as more nozzles gets blocked/deflected. Epson has a pretty advanced head cleaning system, I wouldn't touch the nozzle if I were you.

You'll never miss that 1 nozzle. However, before your warranty is up you'll want them to replace the head.
I'm pretty sure the warranty works only if the printhead has no physical damage, and you WILL have visible physical damage on your printhead in 2 or 3 years.

Bill DiStasio

I print a roll a week and printheads last for 4-5 years, yours should last for 20. No not really as every headstrike will damage the nozzles and I can see a deflection on your M2 at the bottom which is a clear sign of a headstrike which happens every now and then no matter how careful you are. For the best print quality you'll need to swich from 4 passes to 6 or 8 as more nozzles gets blocked/deflected. Epson has a pretty advanced head cleaning system, I wouldn't touch the nozzle if I were you.
I've had that occasionally and I just let the machine clean the nozzles until it clears. I usually print at 12 or 16 passes. I've never seen anything about only printing 4 passes. What is the advantage of printing with 4 passes? The difference in print quality is huge and it doesn't use much at 16 or 24 passes.

SignEST

I've had that occasionally and I just let the machine clean the nozzles until it clears. I usually print at 12 or 16 passes. I've never seen anything about only printing 4 passes. What is the advantage of printing with 4 passes? The difference in print quality is huge and it doesn't use much at 16 or 24 passes.
Speed.

joeyhalderman

This has happened to me on my S40600. I've noticed this happens if I get little hairs or dust around my cap tops. I clean those really well using a flashlight at many different angles and tweezers to carefully remove anything that shouldn't be there. After I do this I run a heavy cleaning cycle and that usually takes care of it. I've also noticed that if I run a nozzle test right after a cleaning sometimes the issue persists but if I run a print and then run a nozzle test after printing something it clears up.

My bad, 40600 has only one printhead, so my numbers are 8-12-16 indeed instead of 4-6-8; I worked with 60600 and 60800 which are both double printhead printers

funnyb0nz

Grimco told me to call Epson, So I am going to call tomorrow. I am going to do a couple print jobs and see if it clears itself out. Epson S40600 doesnt have heavy duty cleaning cycle, you click it and tells you this model doesnt have it.