• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S80 Issue

ProColorGraphics

Anyone ever have where it randomly starts leaking a color while printing? Everything was printing fine, then all of the sudden it started leaking orange out while printing. No head strikes, power surges, anything. Now even just doing a nozzle check, it leaks silver and orange. (same channel, so that part makes sense.)

The job it was printing, was just a cmyk job too.

swordguy3222

Have you looked at the heads to see if there is anything on it? Even the tiniest bit of dust can collect ink and start drips on prints. Do a thorough manual clean and see if that clears it up. I get that sometimes on my machines and it just requires a little clearing up. You'll be surprised how little it takes to make it drip. Now if it's just leaking all the time, then your head is damaged and would require replacing.

ProColorGraphics

Have you looked at the heads to see if there is anything on it? Even the tiniest bit of dust can collect ink and start drips on prints. Do a thorough manual clean and see if that clears it up. I get that sometimes on my machines and it just requires a little clearing up. You'll be surprised how little it takes to make it drip. Now if it's just leaking all the time, then your head is damaged and would require replacing.
I had someone send me a pic of theirs doing the same thing and they needed a new duct assembly. I have a service call in. Unfotuneately, mine is almost 7 years old, so no warranty. They have flat rate service calls now. For each issue, no matter how many parts it needs for that issue, $3850.

swordguy3222

I had someone send me a pic of theirs doing the same thing and they needed a new duct assembly. I have a service call in. Unfotuneately, mine is almost 7 years old, so no warranty. They have flat rate service calls now. For each issue, no matter how many parts it needs for that issue, $3850.
Too bad you're not in Winnipeg, I could do the repair for much cheaper, would just need to source the part.