• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S80600 Bulk Ink Waste

slickergraphics

So I was just cleaning up the shop, I have bins for each bag of ink for our Epson S80600 Bulk Machine. I have 69 bags of ink that have roughly 13,750 ML of ink that the machine deems is low.

I wondered has anyone on here ever tried to open the bags of ink and get ink out and fill one bag up to 1,500 ML or close to so you aren't wasting the ink. That is roughly $2,338 I would be throwing away.

I do have to say I had a Roland XR640 prior and we absolutely love the Epson S80 compared to the Roland, just hate how much ink is left over in each bag.

ikarasu

How old are the 69 bags? Don't forget ink has a shelf life.

Did the machine say you're out of ink, or did it just say low?... You can run it until it says it's out, then it'll ask you to put a new one in (even mid print) without causing issues 99% of the time.

Our machine has always sucked them dry and left almost no ink in it.

PhantomSteve

I wouldn't try that. As soon as the ink comes in contact with air it starts to thicken. Plus, you may introduce dust, etc which could block nozzles.

slickergraphics

How old are the 69 bags? Don't forget ink has a shelf life.

Did the machine say you're out of ink, or did it just say low?... You can run it until it says it's out, then it'll ask you to put a new one in (even mid print) without causing issues 99% of the time.

Our machine has always sucked them dry and left almost no ink in it.
They are within year old. I guess you can shut off the cleaning message that says not enough ink to run the cleaning but the bag still has decent bit in the bottom of bag if you take it out.