• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Epson S80600 color issues

martinow

Hello everyone!

I am going back and forward with my supplier. I think my prints are too dark and misses a lot of details, they say this is how printing works.

I simply think that the media profile they made has too much ink. Attached is a screenshot of the logo to print and a photo of the print.

It's 8 pass 720x720 CMYKcmkOR ink setup with CMYK output.

Any help is highly appreciated

1623831554764.png
IMG_20210616_102233.jpg

martinow

Some more info:
Color management:
* RGB is AdobeRGB1998, cmyk is CoatedFogra39.
* All rendering intents are Percetual and lab is Absolute Colorimetric

Print size is 60x60MM with a Monomeric material.

unclebun

You'll actually get better printing by using one you download from Onyx's website than what you posted. I'd start there. Unfortunately for that newer printer there are only 3 profiles available, one a test profile, one for vinyl and one for some offbrand banner in two weights. Older printers have innumerable profiles available as they are developed and submitted.

To create your own profile, you have to have a high enough version of Onyx to be able to support profiling, and a colorimeter like an iOne or such. Then you go through all the steps in the profiler under media setups. It's time consuming.

neutrinocv

May be a dumb question but it needs to be asked: is the printer set up as single strike or double/triple/quad strikes ? Multiple strikes mode is for backlit (usually) and gives out darker output.

Lian901

I think EPSON running bad after some year, I faced this issue of different color spreading and lining. I did tried to check internally but by mistake their ribbon goes crack and I dropped to do myself.