• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S80600 grinding noise

R D

Folks, need a bit of help. Today one of my printers started making a strange grinding type of noise. The printing looks fine, but it has me quite concerned because I've never had this issue before.

I uploaded a video onto vimeo here:

Anyone seen this before? It seems to be coming from inside the printer. In this photo, this is where it seems to be happening roughly, and when I put my hand here, I can feel the grinding.

Any help would be appreciated.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Can you run a cleaning cycle and have a look underneath the heads?

It sounds like it's rubbing on the waste pad or something when it travels near the 'home' side of the gantry.
Maybe check that the waste pad is secured down all the way so it's not protruding and causing the heads to hit it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Does your media clamp have ink buildup on it? It sounds like the head may be hitting on it when it goes over it.

R D

Hello, unfortunately we had a snafu.

Ink is now leaking out everywhere. I've pulled the top off the printer. Here is what we are seeing now:

HjdTSIT.jpg

WBOYHVv.jpg
wRQWsz7.jpg

• OMG / WOW
Reactions: mim

R D

Does it look like the damper burst? It seems to have dumped ink all over back and forth inside the printer.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Well THAT'S horrible. Looks like maybe the grinding noise was a hose obstruction leading to an eventual failure of the hose/line?
I hope it stayed off the circuitry. I hope you have a warranty, this looks like it could be a total loss.

We had a damper bust on one of our old S60670 machines; the ink ate the floor tiles!