• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson s80600 - Orange Red durability

DM print_design

We are a print and design company in Europe, and are moving from Hp latex 26500 to the new Epson SC series.

We had a demo from the s80600 that allows us to see the amazing gamut and quality of printing, but we are afraid of Orange an Red lifetime (we exclude white and silver).
We saw some threads about the durability of Epson inks, but it doesn't seem very clear... some people are talking about the old inks of Epson... others are saying that the new one GS3 ink is much more durable.
Avery and 3M are excluding special colors from their guarantees... Epson is saying the Orange and Red has the same lifetime.
We know that the s60600 won't have this problem because is dual Cmyk, but the gamut is smaller and pantone reproduction is not so good.

We think the best way to get the right answer is asking to print shops using this machine.

There is someone having problems with Orange and Red colors on S80600? Fading after a few months?

Last edited:
We are a print and design company in Europe, and are moving from Hp latex 26500 to the new Epson SC series.

We had a demo from the s80600 that allows us to see the amazing gamut and quality of printing, but we are afraid of Orange an Red lifetime (we exclude white and silver).
We saw some threads about the durability of Epson inks, but it doesn't seem very clear... some people are talking about the old inks of Epson... others are saying that the new one GS3 ink is much more durable.
Avery and 3M are excluding special colors from their guarantees... Epson is saying the Orange and Red has the same lifetime.
We know that the s60600 won't have this problem because is dual Cmyk, but the gamut is smaller and pantone reproduction is not so good.

We think the best way to get the right answer is asking to print shops using this machine.

There is someone having problems with Orange and Red colors on S80600? Fading after a few months?

Short answer - no.

jpescobar

I have the S40600 and I can reach almost the same color gamut on the S80600. The secret is not the 9 color ink set but it's the RIP software.

Before I purchase the printer I was told that the provided software will be Epson Edge Print which is a new RIP but It lacks many features like you can find on Caldera, Onyx and Flexi but I managed to find a really good software called ColorGATE ProductionServer and believe me when I tell you this RIP is a killer !!

Last edited:

SignMan2u

Hi DM print_design,
I have been using the Epson s80600 with the white inks for nearly 3 years now and have not seen any fading. We printed on vinyl using solid colors, including orange, red and white, placed it outside without laminate and have not seen any fading on these colors as of yet. The old GS 6000's yellow would fade after 6 mos with a laminate. It looks like Epson finally had a breakthrough on the inks.
We absolutely recommend this machine with it's super wide color gamut and ink longevity and no need for gassing out the vinyl at normal printing. After all, this is every designer's and graphic producer's dream.