• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson s80600 random ink drops

StickerGuy83

Hey all, I have an Epson s80600. I'm getting random black dots and sometimes small lines of black ink mainly on the left side of the print. It is consistent on the left side mainly. Head height changes did not fix the problem. Printheads were recently replaced. I did cleanings through the printer and manually cleaned the heads and capping. I tried printing with more margin on the sides, thinking it may be material related but it seems to be proprietary to the prints. I mainly run one material through that printer for years with no problems at all. Anyone ever experience this problem before? Temp and humidity in the room are good.

greysquirrel

Did they replace the dampers as well? If they used the original it could be an issue. Aldo just make surge guards are clean.

unclebun

I usually find a piece of fuzz stuck somewhere on the print head assembly when I see in drops like that.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I concur with unclebun... Had that happen many times, usually turns out to be something stuck to the heads or carriage, often it can be something so fine it's hard to see and need tweezers to remove. Get in there with a light and look, you'll probably find a hair or piece of fuzz/ lint. It collects ink, and when the head reverses at the end it allows what ink it collects to drip, or drag across the media.