• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Epson S80600 - Tips & Tricks

BVG

Have our new S80600 booked for installation in 2 weeks. We've run Roland for the past 7 years, so feeling like we've got a lot of learning ahead.

Any tips or tricks to help get us on our feet faster would be much appreciated!

Bly

Congrats.
We have a 60600 which is similar, just 4 colour.
They are very low maintenance, just a bit of a swab around the heads and docking station every week or so.
There are also some user replaceable bits, filters and such.
I think Simon on here has an 80600 so he will have some more specific tips for sure.
Pretty sure he said he wished he had the lower heater to dry some media enough to get onto the takeup.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Ask away... we've had ours for 2.5 years now. Still loving the thing.

Yes, we made our own dryer unit from six 120mm fans as the Epson one was ridiculously overpriced (we built ours for less than 10% of the genuine product). We only need to run it when printing faster than 8 pass so the inks will be dry by the time they hit the take-up roller.

Definitely install the LFP Accounting Tool (Windows) which lets you set ink and media pricing and it will tell you the exact cost of each job down to the cent:
http://www.downloads.epson.com.au/D...AccountingTool_V177_20200514.zip&path=Drivers

Just realised you are almost local. PM me for my number if you like. I'm just down in the Gong and can help out with profiles or if you get stuck with anything.

HaleYeah

Ask away... we've had ours for 2.5 years now. Still loving the thing.

Yes, we made our own dryer unit from six 120mm fans as the Epson one was ridiculously overpriced (we built ours for less than 10% of the genuine product). We only need to run it when printing faster than 8 pass so the inks will be dry by the time they hit the take-up roller.

Definitely install the LFP Accounting Tool (Windows) which lets you set ink and media pricing and it will tell you the exact cost of each job down to the cent:
http://www.downloads.epson.com.au/DownloadFile.asp?filename=LFPAccountingTool_V177_20200514.zip&path=Drivers

Just realised you are almost local. PM me for my number if you like. I'm just down in the Gong and can help out with profiles or if you get stuck with anything.
With the large heating elements I haven't had any issues with the ink not being dry enough for the take-up roll. I've read it will speed up the curing times so you're able to laminate same day with the added heater. I love the printer so far, got it at the beginning of the year. The automatic maintenance is pretty nice. But the colors on the machine is so much better compared to a 4 color printer.

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

yannb

Have our new S80600 booked for installation in 2 weeks. We've run Roland for the past 7 years, so feeling like we've got a lot of learning ahead.

Any tips or tricks to help get us on our feet faster would be much appreciated!
Hi, if you want to boost color saturation of certain CMYK artwork, install the Epson Wide Gamut v2 icc profile. You’ll get colors that are normally only achievable when using Pantones spot colors. This input CMYK profile is not meant to match colors of Fogra 39/Gracol/US SWOP Coated, but for instance when you get a CMYK file and expect much more saturation.
Also, update the printer to the latest firmware. The most recent one is from early June. Especially important if you have the 80600L.
Don’t forget to do a media adjust for each type of media. It adjusts the feed and bidirectional alignment.
A true advantage is the fact that the EMX files you can download with Epson Edge Dashboard are rip independent. They contain ICC profiles and a media settings file. Neutral grey is a fact, so no greenish/magenta color casts in black & white images.
Have fun with it, to me it’s the highest quality signage printer on the market.

BVG

Thanks for the feedback guys, I've got a list now of things to implement as soon as it's here!