• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S80600 Wasting a lot of Material

matze214

Hey,

iam using the 80600 to print MX Decals. The Problem i have, i mostly print on Sheets instead of Rolls. But the Printer always uses 20 CM as Leader to wrap it up on a Roll. Is there a Function to reduce that to may like 5 CM?
Thanks

jharler

There's no setting to adjust this as far as I know. Is there a reason why you don't use a roll? It seems it would be more efficient and less wasteful.

unclebun

My 80600 will start printing exactly where I set the material. It does not run out any leader before starting to print. Maybe you have set it to run out a leader and need to turn it off?

cmoist

This is happening because you're reloading media every job by using sheets. My S80600, upon loading new media, rolls media out for a couple feet, then back and leaves some media hanging out front.

You can roll the media back using the up arrow button after the above is done. The media needs to be at least even with the glass door/or the cut off slit on the platen - no shorter than that.

I would recommend printing off the roll though, as others have mentioned. That way you only have to deal with this once per roll instead of every job.

mim

0_o
This is happening because you're reloading media every job by using sheets. My S80600, upon loading new media, rolls media out for a couple feet, then back and leaves some media hanging out front.

You can roll the media back using the up arrow button after the above is done. The media needs to be at least even with the glass door/or the cut off slit on the platen - no shorter than that.

I would recommend printing off the roll though, as others have mentioned. That way you only have to deal with this once per roll instead of every job.

I roll my media all the way back to the rollers and it prints fine 90% of the time, what is the reasoning for leaving that much? Lamination? Corners getting caught on the head? Just curious.

cmoist

I roll my media all the way back to the rollers and it prints fine 90% of the time, what is the reasoning for leaving that much? Lamination? Corners getting caught on the head? Just curious.
Yeah - it just reduces the risk of vinyl getting caught on anything, I suppose. It's only an extra 2-3 inches. When I started a long time ago, I would worry about not wasting inches of vinyl. Now I can't be bothered to worry about it... Also, to your point, I like to have a bit extra on each end to run through the laminator.

• Agree
Reactions: mim